Friday 16 March 2007

Friday notes

First of all, happy St Patrick's day to all in Ireland, and to all of Irish descent. Me being located in Scotland, that's all I'll say about it.

Secondly, a note of warning to all in the UK: prepare for snow in a big way next week.

Above shows next Monday's weatherchart. Our weather comes from the direction the blue arrow points. Straight from the North Pole. The fun starts on Sunday with a gale, followed by an invasion of snow. Probably quite a lot of it. Get those wintry woollies out, folks. Winter isn't done with us yet!

Today, we should all bear in mind those in J-land who are not well. I have noticed that several people are very depressed by the serious illnesses that have cropped up unexpectedly. The most positive slant is probably to keep sending positive vibes.

6 comments:

  1. St Patricks Day is tomorrow Guido! I don't want weather from the North Pole thanks! Send me some from the tropics! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy St. Patrick's Day....and yes...snow here too...yuck...make it a great day...take care.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Send us some winter weather. We will be in a drought.  
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's 80 degrees where I am!  Hard to imagine snow at all....

    I'm of Irish descent, so Happy St Patricks Day to you, too!  I'll skip the green beer, though.  ick.

    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear ya... as we just recd the most snow of the season today... 6 inches and it is still snowing...

    be well,
    Dawn
    http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you guys don't get hit with much snow.  It's a lot cooler here today, but I don't think they're calling for anymore snow.  What am I saying? Any MORE snow?  We've barely had any this year at all!
    Lori
    http://journals.aol.com/helmswondermom/DustyPages

    ReplyDelete