Friday 30 March 2007

Friday notes

Not doing a lot of posting for the time being. Did a huge clear-out on the computer yesterday, to get rid of the spyware, which appears to have been successful. The only problem is that my journal now shows on Firefox with broken-link icons instead of my sidebar images. The browser also fails to 'find' websites that are perfectly accessible using Internet Explorer. I'll probably download it again.

Anyway, not a bad day out here, with some hazy sunshine but feeling cold. The Fabrication Yard across the water is set to re-open with 10 new jobs in the offing. They used to make components for windturbines and wave power generators.

The island of Canna, just south of Skye, has elected the couple that will augment its population. They are familiar with the island, as the lady used to do a spell of supply teaching. Read more here.

4 comments:

  1. They sound like a jolly nice couple Guido...good luck to them and the rest of the Islanders as they get to know each other.
    Can Spybots get past your Spyware programmes?  I get lots of bots but I am offered them up regularly by my spyware programme to delete or keep if necessary.  Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry the computer is giving you so much grief lately Guido. I keep hearing people talk about Firefox but have no clue as to what they are referring to. I think I'm going to look it up later. The island sounds like a retreat, and an honor to live there. (Hugs) Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wish I was more knowledgeable about what's on my computer.  :-/  I've probably got useless stuff on here from 1990.

    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to spend more time clearing out the computer too. It's probably got more junk in it than my flat has! Have a good weekend! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

    ReplyDelete