Friday 23 March 2007

One of those days

Went out for a walk this afternoon, across town to the Waterwheel. Crossed the Stornoway Golf Course (yes we have one, and it's 117 years old) and found the Waterwheel. I'll post pictures over the weekend. In order to take a picture of the building, I decided to try to clamber up a muddy embankment. Well, that's what I thought. I ended up losing my footing, knees first in mud. After gingerly making my way down again, I inspected the damage. Very muddy trousers. Fortunately, the waterwheel is just what it says: there's a lot of water about. So, I went to the millrace and dipped my hanky in to rub the mud off. Of course, the hankey floated away at 5 mph into the millpond, out of my reach. I had to find a branch of gorse to fish it out of the pond. After which, I could make myself presentable for returning through the town.

Did I say we had lots of rain of late, and the ground is positively waterlogged?

6 comments:

  1. Guido
    Even a casual walk across town can be quite an adventure for you.  Looking forward to seeing the pictures of the waterwheel when you post them.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fully expected to read that you had fallen into the millrace and you had got waterlogged too Guido...what a series of comic events. Take your waterwings next time.....Lol!  Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Embarrassing isn't it?! I fell flat on my face on a muddy embankment on the river Arun a few years back, I had to walk through Arundel town centre like it! Lol! Looking forward to seeing the pics! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad it didn't get worse!  I look forward to the pictures.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess you were lucky you caught that hanky or the town would have had a talk about you at tea!!!  LOL  I can't wait to see pics of your golf course and waterwheel!!  

    Of course, you have a golf course, and an old one, its Scotland, right?  LOL

    be well,
    Dawn
    http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved it !!!!!!!!!  I could just see you...Hope Mrs.B has a good washing machine and kindly washes these trews for you...if not you will have to go in camaflauge as a mud slinger !!!!!!!!    Forgot to say that was some catch of clams that chap got the other day..that will keep the village going for a while.  Have a good day..hopefully a bit drier...Sybilx

    ReplyDelete