Friday 30 March 2007

Friday evening

Fairly nice evening, if a little cool. Did I mention a few days ago that they were burning the moor? Slightly unhealthy practice where they set fire to the heather on the moors, ostensibly for purposes of regeneration. I remember two years ago I walked in the area (south of Arnish) when the flames began to creep my way! Had to increase the pace to outwalk the fire. Fortunately, the wind was not strong that day. I have heard stories of people driving along roads through the moor, when the fire popped up on both sides of the road.

The problems with the PC continue; I was greeted with another dodgy anti-spyware screen three hours ago. Which came hard on the heels of getting the all-clear from the expert. Oh dear.

Kate Middleton is a young woman who sees Prince William. Speculation has been rife for several years as to future plans of the couple, and this has been seized upon by the tabloid media in this country as an excuse to dog her every step. I remember infamous video footage of Ms Middleton leaving her door, to be greeted by a 25-strong media scrum. She had to barge her way through the melee to her car, and she was far from happy. As a result, a complaint was lodged with the Press Complaints Commission. The paper who published a picture of Ms Middleton, the Daily Mirror, has now apologised. Memories resurface of Princess Diana, who died in Paris as her car sped away from journalists. I have no time at all for this sort of journalism. The other day, I happened to browse a copy of another tabloid, which would best serve purpose as firelighter. And that's me being polite.

5 comments:

  1. The weather`s foul here in Berkshire Guido, very wet and pretty cold for time of year. I do hope it cheers up for the weekend.  I agree with your comments over press intrusion into Kate Middleton`s life. At the moment she`s a private citizen and should be treated as such.

    Love Sandra xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Burning the moor definately doesn't seem safe. As for intruding on others lives. All I can say is the fascination people have seems to leave one wondering if they have lives of their own. The whole popularity extreme seems morbid to me.
    Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only way to curtail it is not to be curious enough to buy the magazines.
    If folks didn't buy their would be no demand.  I think it should be against the law to harrass anybody in this way.  They go to extremes.   Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That poor child... too much to handle all that negative attention and nuts following her...

    be well,
    Dawn
    http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel so out of the loop Guido, I don't even know who Kate Middleton is! I refuse to read newspapers and magazines, I don't like the way news is handled in them and most of what is considered news regarding 'celebrities' is of no interest to me. If everyone stopped buying them they would stop writing about them and harrassing these people. Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

    ReplyDelete