Tuesday 27 March 2007

Coire an t-Sneachda


This name may be familiar to regular readers of this blog, following reports of accidents in that area of the Cairngorm Mountains, south of Inverness. Today, another person had a fall and required an airlift to Raigmore Hospital in Inverness for treatment to head injuries. Condition of the casualty has not been released.


Over the winter 5 people died in this area. The problem is that the Coire is located within an hour's walk of a carpark, but presents a difficult and unforgiving climb. One mistake, and you end up a lot lower.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful!... I wonder why Scotland remains deserted...
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose they never think it is going to happen to them...?  You can see what a beautiful lure it is though. This is quite a stunning picture and it must be even more so when stood upon it.  God Rest their souls.   Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasns't expecting this photo and got an unexpected chill when I scrolled down.  I never know what you are going to photograph or post.  I like that.  Gerry

    ReplyDelete