Sunday 25 March 2007

Iran and Iraq

I am known to air the opposite views in a debate, which is commonly referred to as "acting the Devil's Advocate". I am a reader of the blog, written by the Iranian president. When you follow the link, you'll see a page written in Farsi. Click on "English" to change this.

I think it is important to keep an eye on the utterances of Mr Ahmadinajad, even if I don't like what he says. I am acutely aware of the increasing tensions in his part of the world, not helped by the plight of the 15 British naval personnel who strayed into disputed waters to investigate an Iranian boat. The sailors were apprehended in a part of the Persian Gulf that is claimed both by Iran and Iraq. I somehow don't think the British navy was aware of that. It has handed the Iranian hard-liners a perfect excuse for inflaming the situation even further.

If the Coalition forces (led by the US) had taken local sensitivities into account, the situation could have been avoided. They are obviously blind to the ruses of the Tehran regime, who will seek any excuse for a confrontation. Having already dealt the US a bloody nose in 1979, they can't wait to do it again. And attacking Iran is about the worst mistake the US administration could ever make.

As you can see on the president's blog, he is gleefully playing on the dissatisfaction that is growing in the US against the war in Iraq, a conflict that (in my opinion) is secretly being fuelled by arms from Iran. If George Bush has any sense, he'll drop the gunboat diplomacy and dons the kid gloves. He has plenty of friends in the region who can tell him how to do that. Just wonder if he has the intelligence to comprehend the instructions.

Technorati Tags: ,

4 comments:

  1. I soooo agree with you Guido! As I've said before how I've felt about our president and how he is with this war. gggrrr! He does need to get some sense into him to drop the the gunboat diplomacy and put the kid gloves on! In my opinion, NO...he has no intelligence at all to comprehend! And thats what's going to get the US and everyone else (possible) in more hate and war!
    Sorry....I just do not like the way this whole war is and is still a war when it shouldn't be!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would not be surprised at all if he supplying weapons to the insurgents... but, who knows.

    be well,
    Dawn
    http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trusting you to keep an eye on things Guido ..love Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe just for the sake of "knowing your enemy" I'll go read this guy.  Got an email I"m gonna forward you.  -  Barbara

    ReplyDelete