Saturday 24 March 2007

Saturday afternoon notes

Mrs B's guest arrived two hours before we would have been back from the West Side. Just as well we didn't go. And it's quite cold in the wind. So, instead I am going through the joys of removing a piece of malware from the PC - systemdoctor - which is annoying me by jumping up after I open 3 or 4 pages in my browser. I am now running an alternative spyware detector, and after doing a sweep with my usual standbys (Ad-Aware and Search and Destroy) this still coughs up dozens of nasties. Jeez.

Cautionary tale: don't forget to include spyware / malware protection in your PC's security.

2 comments:

  1. I have been getting some malware popping up too 'winantivirus Pro' but don't know how to get rid.  I use windows defender and have done a scan but it has turned nothing up.
    Jenny <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sometimes get Systemdoctor on my computer it's a pain and won't take no for an answer! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

    ReplyDelete