Tuesday 30 September 2008

Closing down

Dear AOL Journals user [UK],

We regret to inform you that AOL Journals is shutting down on 31 October 2008. After this date your content will no longer be available and will be deleted.

In order to save your valuable data we suggest you save your AOL Journals content as soon as possible and we have provided a webpage with detailed instructions on how to do this. Please click here or go to this URL http://www.aol.co.uk/product-notification to receive more information on how to save your content.

Sincerely,

The AOL Team


I'm supposed to be on a journals break, but it looks like it will be a permanent break by the end of October.

4 comments:

  1. This is devastaing isnt it ?...love Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe this!   I had no idea they were going to do this until now!
    AOL  is definitley AOHell in my book at this moment in time.  
    I must follow up this information as I would be devastated to loose my entries.
    Flippen heck!!!
    I have wondered about changing my provider this could be the shove I need!
    I don't want to loose my friends on AOL.
    Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guedo,  I am quite distraught,,,,It was you dear friend who has kept me going so many times and to think that unless i start a blogger journal this will be almost the last time we will be in touch..it quite breaks my heart...I won't go over to Blogger. As you know it takes me an awful long time to understand how things work...I am still getting to grips with this after  years.  However if I may I can comunicate via E mail (as I hope you will be in contact by e mail)   syblsybil45@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Typical AOHELL !!!!!

    They find something that people use and like and take it away.
    I do not personally have a journal but read and comment in quite a few peoples. I have made some very special friends that i would not have done if the journals had not been there.

    RIP Journals
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete