Monday 22 September 2008

Monday 22 September

Bright morning, with variable amounts of clouds. Here in Lewis, we have the ridiculous situation that there is no ferry on a Sunday, but you can fly out on a plane. So if you're in the money, you can travel, but the penurious cannot. Also, Lewis is part of the Western Isles, and the island of North Uist does have a ferry service to Skye, which is linked to the Scottish mainland by bridge. So one part of the Western Isles can travel to the mainland on a Sunday by ferry, whilst another cannot. If anyone can make sense of that, please let me know. I can't.

9 comments:

  1. I'm afraid I am with you on the ferry/plane situation - baffling!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not conversant on the demographics or the logistics, so I can't really understand the situation.  It does sound unfair on the surfrace, though.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I carn't make sense of that either.You ar ewelcome to the support keep up your good work.Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

    ReplyDelete
  4. :::Spirit Sprinkles::: Lots of hugs sent your way... Can you feel it?!!!!!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh the logic of those in power! we will never know!! sending you a hug to cheer you up{{{{{{hug}}}}}} mrs t xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. {{{Guido}}} I'm so sorry that this has you bummed. I will be sending many good thoughts your way..

    Healing Pooh Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. MAd MAd the world is MAD  maybe you I me are the only sane ones out there !!  or is  it the other way round !!!!! LOL   Love  Sybil xx

    http://journals.aol.co.uk/sybilsybil45/villagelife/

    ReplyDelete
  8. So on Sunday, you are pretty much grounded? That's awful! I'm sorry you are sad.
    Take care Guido,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmmmmmm guess you just have t find something else to do on Sunday's Guido     :o)))

    hugs Jayne

    ReplyDelete