Tuesday 26 September 2006

Autumn

I'm resuming participation in Krissy and Val's Photo Scavenger Hunt. Edition #90 is about Autumn.

At the moment, autumn has not really arrived. As such. The leaves haven't started to turn, although we're due a spell of wet and windy weather.

These two I took in November 2005, showing the effects of a hurricane. I hasten to add: a normal, equinoctial gale. Nothing tropical about it at all.

Spray flying over Goat Island causeway (to the right); 11 November 2005
Angry riders running into number 2/3 piers; 11 November 2005

The Lewis moor turning yellow and brown, 24 September 2006

And of course: Toadstools.

11 comments:

  1. Guido! How dare you! showing us photos of autumn already!!! They are just soooo beautiful... but here in the south it is still summer. My prayers have been heard, I said until end of October... : )
    Lovely pics
    thanks
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want summer back!! I like the autumn colours but learnt last year in New England you have to have a very cold spell before the trees will turn pretty colours! Jeannette xx  

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice work guido! I love the mushrooms!
    natalie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics bud!! I love the pic of the road.....pics like that captivate me for some reason. I always wonder what's at the other end of the road.

    Ste
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful pics!  I think those toadstools are fabulous.  I should have waited a week or two for the subject, perhaps.  Maybe I will introduce it again, somehow.  Take care, my friend!  Hugs, Val xox
    http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing these lovely pics Guido.
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Weather is a powerful force for sure.  The pics from the hurricane prove it.  I can just hear the wind howling.

    Greg
    http://journals.aol.com/radar446/PhotoTrek/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the photos!

    Krissy
    http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow look at that storm,,one of my dreams is to have a huge thunder storm and crash at night inside of some lighthouse...I would love to see the beaming light carefully watch the ocean...

    Raven

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love looking at those wonderful storms from the safety of my house.  Great pictures.

                 Julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. great choices!
    and we have those toad stools too...
    Have a great week!
    Linda :)

    ReplyDelete