Tuesday 19 September 2006

Recurring theme: water

I've just browsed through my alerts, and two themes kept recurring.

In the States, a nationwide urge to clean the bathroom whenever President George W. Bush makes a speech. Now, I am not political (yeah, sure), so I won't say anymore about that.

And, there are a few ladies who are coming down with a UTI [urinary tract or bladder infection]. Women are more prone to them than men, as the channel between bladder and outside world is only a few inches, as opposed to the several inches in the case of a man.

Just in case, a few hints about UTI's and what to do and not to do if you're a lady.

1. Drink plenty of fluids (not alcohol)

2. Pass plenty water, and don't "hold on". If you have an active UTI, passing water can be painful, but it's important to flush out the evil bugs

3. Acidic drinks like cranberry juice and orange juice help to reduce the threat of infection; bugs don't like an acidic environment

4. Observe more than usual hygienic precautions - wash front to back, if you don't mind me saying.

5. Immediately consult a doctor if you develop chills or a high fever, or start to feel more than ordinarily [for a UTI] unwell. This could be a sign that the infection has gone to your general system, or has backed up to your kidneys.

7 comments:

  1. Lemon barley water is what our grannys drank to cure this ,and often made their own ,now we buy robinsons like the tennis players do ,......Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Guido for passing the word! This is really important for the ladies to be aware of.  So...I'm not ALONE in my misery today?  I'm off to the doc this afternoon, thank goodness!!  
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Guido, you are such a well rounded intellect.
    Alessandra117 Sandy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, Guido, me thinks you know too much about this ailment.  HUGS  Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. I swear, I really didn't mean anything by cleaning the bathroom while Bush was talking.  It was just a good time to do it.  Honestly!  
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. I really like the picture!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carry on talking, Lori, it's getting worse and worse... LOLOL

    ReplyDelete