Sunday 17 September 2006

Friday 15/09/06

Brilliantly sunny morning, although cloud does increase through the morning. Quite windy but mild. Mrs B goes out to select tiles for the kitchen, but there is no great variety in the town. Receive a book from an American author, with whom I got in touch through an Internet group. Captive Fear, by E.G. Parsons, is an intensely graphic thriller with as subject matter people trafficking, rape, murder and child abuse. Not to everybody's taste, with some extremely graphic descriptions. Difficult reading. I wash mrs B's windows and go through the usual stack of journal alerts. Supper is Cajun Chicken with rice, with Viennetta with Fruits after. The last guest, a working man from the Uists, left earlier today. This morning we had the bogslog. This is a 15 mile walk for pupils from the Nicolson Institute, the local secondary school.

4 comments:

  1. Had I know you do windows I would not have done mine LOL. And you cook?
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Cajun chicken, cooked it myself last week! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like my kind of read, tho I prefer non-fiction.  As usual, the pix are breathtaking, I can't believe #5 it's amazing.  Are u planning to install the tiles 4 Mrs B?  That hike sounds neat.  CATHY http://journals.aol.com/luddie343/DARETOTHINK/  

    ReplyDelete
  4. New visitor here... I'm enjoying your journal and all your beautiful photos!  I'm off to lounge around a little longer!  Michelle

    ReplyDelete