Saturday 28 April 2007

Clarification

Just to clarify that I use the Swindon seismogram, because that was the nearest seismic monitoring station to Dover - which is still 150 miles away to the east. The quake centered 12 miles south of Dover, or about 8 miles east of the town of New Romney. I have not heard anything from France, but that's more than 20 miles away. Reports of damage appear to be limited to something like a 15 mile radius.

Was pleased to hear of Sam (GaBoatMan)'s encounter with Jeannette [Travels, private journal] (jlocorriere05) in Savannah, GA. It is always nice to meet someone in person that you in a way communicate with through J-land. I have met one person in the flesh that I previously encountered on AOL.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks as usual you are always the one to keep us up to date with things going on. Glad that at last your weather is joining us down here in the sunny warm south.Love Sybil xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guido
    I really enoyed meeting Jeannette and Andy.  I hope before it is all said and done that I get to meet many more in the J-land community.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw a jlander once but didn't have the courage to say hi, lol...
    Linda :)

    ReplyDelete