Friday 27 April 2007

Friday notes

Beautiful day, not a cloud in the sky. Am heading north this afternoon to Ness, to visit the last of the cemeteries in the island for my Iolaire project. If I have time, I'll go along the coast to Eoropie, a mile or so away, but there is barely 90 minutes between buses.

Congratulations to Krissy for winning Journals Tournament IV, well done!

I'm not a message board frequenter, but I happened across this moanie one last night, about gas prices in the US. $4 a gallon, oh shock horror. So I wrote a cheeky post, saying that where I am, gas prices are $9 a gallon. Which is true - £1 / litre = $2 / litre = $9 / gallon. A gallon, you see, is 4½ litres.

5 comments:

  1. Guido
    Keep you camera handy at Ness this afternoon.  I've hear one never knows what might be encountered in that area.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your comments on prices here shook that person up Guido.  They certainly wont be emigrating to Britain!   Lol!   Good luck with your project.   Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gas is $9/gallon there?? OMG!  It would cost me $200 to fill my tank up.  As it is, it costs me over $50.  It's about $3.25/gal here.  Wow if it goes up to $9 I won't be going anywhere but work!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why is petrol so expensive in Britian?  Because it's transported?  It's wicked expensive!

    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Believe me, for us $3 or $4 a gallon IS a shock horror!  Especially considering the way the cost of everything else in this country is going up.  It's just under $3/gal. where I am.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete