Tuesday 24 April 2007

J-land news

I had a message from Petar [pvodogaz] today, saying he is leaving AOL on 1 June. He is in the process of stripping down his Syrophenikon journal (linked to above), and has deleted the other journals he had on AOL. A new journal, outside AOL, will take over on June 1st.

Please call round - before the journal is deleted at the end of next month, read the latest entry and leave a word of support. I had some great help from Petar over the Tropical Cyclone season in Australia. At New Year, I had this strange experience of bringing in the year 2007 - at 1 o'clock in the afternoon, listening to a Sydney radiostation on-line with Petar at the other end of an IM.

I'll keep in touch - hope many of you out there will too.

2 comments:

  1. I wasn't a reader, but it's a sad thing to know that someone is giving up something they tended to for so long. I took a look, and I agree that this isn't good news.

    Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Guido,

    Your entry and your emails have touched my heart in a way that is almost unspeakable. I would like to thank you for all your support and kindness in this short time I have known you. It has indeed been a short time that I have known you but in this time I have grown to respect you immensely and value your words here in your journal and your caring nature of those in J-land. Never change my friend and that is what I feel for you - a friendship born out of similar interest in Tropical Weather and journaling.
    I want readers know that this fellow has a heart of gold and he is truly remarkable. I am lost for words but would like to tell you Guido, that I will not lose contact with you. I have added your contact details on my yahoo account screen and look forward in continuing collaboration for next years cyclone season in the southern hemisphere. Thanks again for everything and above all your friendship. It has been a honour and a genuine solidarity in talking with you.

    Kindest regards,

    Petar

    ReplyDelete