Thursday 12 April 2007

Webcam

Another totally useless statistic: since I put it up, on 14 December 2005, my webcam has registered 50,000 hits. Half my visitors are from the UK. Your average visitor watches for about a minute - and my bugbear are those friendly folk who leave the connection open for hours and hours and hours, eating up my bandwidth, in spite of a request on the site not to do that. Leaving that gripe to one side, the response is generally favourable. People like to sit and watch cars go by, people walk past and gulls flying around. What you may be able to spot is our crafty crows flying high in the air, dropping a shell on the floor, which will then hopefully smash. When it does, the crow gets to eat what lives in the shell. Don't be surprised to walk round my part of Stornoway and get bombarded with shells.

3 comments:

  1. What is that you say happens when people leave their computers on your blog?  I just never do it, I didn't know why, but it did not seem right to me.  I am surprised their is a reason for not doing it. Does that mean they are wasting their time on it, and the bandwidth is limited???  Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool!!  I never knew you had this until just now... it is in my faves!!!  

    be well,
    Dawn
    http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope I am not one of the guilty ones Guido?   Perhaps if you explained to dum dums like me what is supposed to be done after watching the web cam then it might not happen as much?  Isn't it enough to turn off the page by the little cross at the top?  I truly don't know what bandwidth is all about etc so if I have been guilty of it I need to know how how I should close the page next time I visit you up there.
    Duh!  It's the country air Guido....its the country air....Lol!   Jeanie

    ReplyDelete