Sunday 15 April 2007

Saturday 14/04/07

Our guests return home at 2.30 am. Breakfast for them at 9.30. At midday, Mrs B, her son and myself head off to Dalmore. It is a sunny but hazy morning in Stornoway, but ominous dark clouds loom over the West Side. Drizzle spits at Dalmore and Carloway. Sheep are a nuisance on the roads. Find 8 Iolaire graves, which adds nicely to yesterday’s harvest of 4 at Gress. Children are playing in the waves – bit too cold for my liking. We have sandwiches from Somerfields, before we return to town via Shawbost and Barvas. The sun shines on Back as we descend from the Barvas Moor, but a cloudy haze rests on the rest of the island. The afternoon stays quiet, and the sun returns – very hazily.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the photos with me.

    John.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like your pictures on your run around the island. A bit like yourself I am. The Iolaire is a sad subject to all who experienced it and I have a video that was a story on the subject and it was very sad. I am sure these graves are well scattered over the isles. I shall keep up with your site daily as I have done for a long time before I came home to retire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow some more pretty pics-might just paint some of those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi !!!!!!!! I have to tell you that I appreciate your pictures of the beach you took. Dalmore sure looks amazing. I wish I was there to share in its beauty. I so love your journal. I like coming to read about your neck of the woods. I do hope you stick around. Do keep us posted on your day to day life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. More strolling on the beach and visits to cementaries too...
    Linda :)

    ReplyDelete