Saturday 21 April 2007

Colonel Templer

The Colonel Templer is a boat which is currently in port here in Stornoway, and I've decided to do a bit of research on her. She is an old lady, built in 1966, and I found an image of her, docked at Hull in 1991, having hit on hard times.

A major conversion in 1992 made her more presentable than above, and she is currently marked A229 and is deployed by the Ministry of Defense for underwater research. A complement of 6 officers, 8 crew helps to keep the boat going to the benefit of 12 scientists. A comprehensive breakdown of all her features can be found here. The Colonel Templer is available for chartering, under certain conditions.

4 comments:

  1. I must say you have me beat.  I haven't got any old wonderful boats in my backyard to photograph.  I guess that's why I always loved tales of the sea.  I had hardly even seen the ocean!  Great photos as usual.  Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can hardly tell it`s the same boat after her make-over. She certainly looks a lot smarter nowadays.

    Love Sandra xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh,Talk about extreme makeover! I NEEEED one of those (a makeover that is!):-) Great photos!TY Guido

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a transformation..so glad to see her seaworthy and smart. I hate seeing old ships left to rot.

    ReplyDelete