Wednesday 25 April 2007

Journals and entries

Joe the Journalseditor mentioned the number of posts he made on his journal Magic Smoke, and how you can find out how many entries you've made yourself. Quite simple: enter into your browser journals.aol.com/screenname, where you obviously replace screenname with your own screenie - or anyone's screenie. It should return the names of your journals, the date you started them and the number of entries.

I started this journal on 8 October 2004, but if you look back to the first entry, you'll find it's actually 17 November 2004. My Northern Trip started on 11 August 2004, when I travelled north to Scotland. The diary-entries for the period between August and November are contained in a separate blog, Northern Trip - The Start.

The Northern Trip blog started life as an on-line diary. It wasn't until I got involved with J-land in April 2006 that it started to expand. The number of entries was more or less the same as the number of days - but that parallel has disappeared. This entry will make it number 2,599; if you add the preceding blog to it, it will mount up to 2,702.

The diary entries now take a back-seat, and I am even thinking of placing them in a separate blog. I have already copied diary entries up to May 2006 into three Blogger blogs, called Lewis Lines 2004, 2005 and 2006. I find Blogger less than userfriendly - I am not terribly good at HTML, and do not understand the way their blogs are laid out.

Other blogs I keep are the Tropical Cyclones journal which has 445 entries , since I started it on 17 July 2006. The TC blog is linked to this one, in that I relay warnings if land is threatened by a hurricane / typhoon / cyclone (all the same thing).

Don't forget my Recipe Book, which has 10 entries since 28 April 2006.
Apart from these, I have extracted entries on two events into separate journals:

Royal National Mod, which was held in Stornoway in October 2005, and
St Martin's Storma violent storm, which battered this town on 11 November 2005. I gave it that name, because it happened on the nameday of St Martin.


3 comments:

  1. I've only had 369 entries.  About one/day for a year.  
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the info you give us each day. I found Magic Smoke this morning via another journal and I intend going back as I think there may be more info on it that I can maybe use. I always feel so ignorant compared with all the other wonderful journal writers.  You may have noticed I havn't been writing just lately.  bit disheartened maybe....ner mind I will get back to it I am sure.  I will look on Magic smoke for insperation !!   Hope the wetaher brightens up a bit for you tomorrow. Although ysterday was dull today has been lovely again.  Love Sybil x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I am not at all surprised that you've made close to 3,000 entries!  And although I don't comment on each and every one, I do read them all!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete