Thursday 19 April 2007

Thursday evening

Still fairly sunny but quite cold. Went out for a bit of shopping around town this afternoon, for stuff like papers, sweeties, food and other items.

Notice an abundance of tribute sites for the VT tragedy, but think the official one is most appropriate. I do not understand why that video, sent to NBC by Seung Cho, was released for viewing on the Internet. It is particularly harrowing, knowing that he sent it off, having already killed two people and was on his way to killing another thirty. I sometimes wonder whether decency takes a backseat to sensationalism on some of the US networks. Cannot say I am able to watch many of them - Sky TV relays CNN and a couple of business-related channels like Bloomberg.

The incorrect attribution I referred to in an entry yesterday has been cleared up. The blog-aggregating site "breeds" had printed the name of one blogger, but linked it to me. The other person, the real Paula Neal Mooney, has been in touch (doesn't news fly in J-land and beyond) and I explained the situation. Matter closed.

Still on matters J-land, received a postcard from Linda [lsfp1960] from Phoenix, AZ. I think I prefer our 45F today over the 100F she has experienced out there.

5 comments:

  1. Guido I do agree,decency V senstationalism Hmm ...love Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have my tv off!! Not that I don't care, I truly feel for the parents of these students. Simply because I refuse to be part of the sensationalism. I'm not even bothering to read what is online............When all is said and done, I'm sure the story will come to light in it's entirety, without all the hoopla. I have prayed on the smoke for those in mourning. But every decent bone in me , can't stand the thought of what it must be like for these parents to have this aired day and night to further plunge the knife in their own hearts! (Hugs) Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must admit to taking a look at the video on the AOL page and immediately wished I hadn`t. It must be unbearable for the families and all those concerned with the tragedy. Yes, I agree it should never have been made public.

    Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The liberal media is beginning to get out of hand.  It's disgusting.  That video and many others..should never have been shown.
    -Kellen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, but it's a DRY heat!  (That's what you're supposed to say in the US whenever you talk about the high temps in Arizona, you know.)
    Lori

    ReplyDelete