Tuesday 17 April 2007

Tuesday notes

Cold day in the islands, temperatures at 10 degrees with some showers. Did I see a snow-flurry just now? Went across to Goat Island a minute ago to have a look at a yacht that has appeared there on the shoreline. Had a word with one of mrs B's relatives, who has a boat in a boathouse and may be putting it in the water this week. Hope the weather relents sufficiently for him to use it.

The airport has reopened, after the airtraffic controller yesterday was struck down by a stomach bug. This closed the airport from mid-afternoon onwards yesterday. Local council expressed its disapproval. Sounds like we're bottom priority for getting airtraffic controllers.


2 comments:

  1. I'd give my eyeballs to be there...sounds like a bit of heaven...controllers or not.

    :)

    You have a good day, my friend.


    Andi

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a temperature change here in the Lakes Guido.  It began sunny but now there are some showers and its colder.   Brrrr!   Just when we were getting used to the Spring weather.  Thank you for the offer of help.  When we have worked out our exact likes and dislikes of where and in which direction we want to go I will get back to you.  You are a star!  Fire suggestions and ideas at me anyway.  I kept your last bit of info of tourism etc on the Islands and Highlands etc in my favourites so will go and scan them tomorrow.  I have a busy evening ahead of me. Take care.    Jeanie

    ReplyDelete