Sunday 15 April 2007

Tribute video

You may need to wait for up to an hour after I upload this video (which I did at around 11pm BST). It is a tribute in portraits of some of the victims of the Iolaire Disaster of 1919. It was the 3rd worst loss of life at sea in the 20th century, coming after Titanic and Norge. There is no sound, as I did not feel that music was appropriate. I've told the story several times, and would like to link to the last entry on the subject, which I made on New Year's Day, on the 88th anniversary.


2 comments:

  1. Wow! Very Interesting! Thank you for sharing this. ;o)
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good MOrning,  What a wonderful moving video that was. Thank you so much. We should all certainly remember these brave men and their families. We can only imagine the joy these men had at the view of their islands and then the terror of the sinking ship, the noise, the shouts...almost to terrible to think of.
    You have done a wonderful job going round the island to record it all, and taking us with you. I hope that the local library and museum will use all your information and that the school children will see that moving video.    Please can you pop in a prayer for my dear Sister Sarah who went into hospital yesterday morning with breathing problems.
    thank you Love sybilx

    ReplyDelete