Saturday 28 April 2007

Saturday evening

Brilliantly sunny day, temperatures of 15C, just right. Another session with the high-pressure waterhose cleaned up part of mrs B's backyard. Before I could use that, I had to rehome about 20 or 30 earthworms (or parts thereof) which had taken up residence under some tarpaulins. Also went out to visit one of mrs B's relatives in hospital, who had taken ill last night. No luck on the lottery - who has devised that inexecrable piece of TV called "The People's Quiz"? I just cannot stand it.

4 comments:

  1. "...or parts thereof." -- funny!  Wish we had those 20 or 30 earthworms for our worm bed!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't do the lottery Guido.  We keep forgetting to buy a ticket.  I think it was over two years ago when we last bought one.  I only saw last night's lottery simply because I wanted to see the results of the singers who were competing for Andrew Lloyd Webber's 'Joseph'.  
    I was impatient with that quizz as I came upon it half way through.  What on earth was that all about?
    Well done rehoming the 'wums' Lol!
    Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have the lottery here too...oh do we ever...my husband plays it daily.  Sounds like a busy moving day for the earthworms and their parts, LOL.  Hope Mrs. B's relative feels better soon...prayers going up.  Don't know about the show, it is not over here...but it sounds like you don't care for it for sure!
    Have a great week...
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a busy day!  Working with the worms would turn my stomach. I can stand lots of things, but NOT worms!  UGH!  Hope Mrs B's relative feels better soon. If you win the lottery, I think a trip to America is in order so we can meet you!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete