Thursday 12 April 2007

Afternoon excursion

Went over to Barvas, 11 miles north of here, this afternoon. Apart from looking round the cemetery for more graves of Iolaire victims, I also had a walk in the dunes backing the graveyard. Ended up near the shoreline cliffs, where the sea put up a free show, visible for all who were there. Grand total: 2. One person about half a mile away and myself. The wind was a force 5 to 7 southerly, which meant some relatively high temperatures: 14C. The video below was uploaded at around 9pm British time, so you may need to give it a while.

4 comments:

  1. That wind was really rough, those waves were pretty though. Thanks for sharing. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only time I ever saw waves like these along the shore was in Cornwall a couple of years ago.  I had never seen the sea like this before in real life and it was fascinating being up real close to it.  We are just used to flat beaches and river estuaries around here. Thanks for the memories Guido.  I'm glad I came back again for a look as it had not downloaded onto YouTube when I called earlier.
    Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was finally able to watch a video and I enjoyed this!  I used to be fascinated with the ocean whenever I could get to it.  People in the desert are like that, but I was intimidated by it and went inland quite a ways to rent an apt. instead of on the beach.  Later I felt like kicking myself.  Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful! I love the ocean anytime I can see it! LOL :o) Thank you for sharing it. ;o)
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete