Wednesday 25 April 2007

What's your maths like?

There was this article on the BBC website which caught my eye. About the staggering difference of standards when comparing British to Chinese school pupils. By the way,if you think you can manage the second question (I can't), you're free to enter it on the webpage, linked from BBC on-line.

Have to say that I found the trigonometry question ridiculously easy, for university standards. I was taught maths until I left school, and was into differentials and the like. Three-dimensional maths was for the real boffins, and I wasn't one of them.




6 comments:

  1. ack - I am Very Bad at math, so I shan't even try.  Ask me grammar questions, no problem.  Math?  I hide and cover my eyes.  LOL

    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck- is 2 out of 6 a pass ?? :-) Yes, I DO suck at Math!!!!That's why I teach Gr 3!!
    Shauneen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good grief!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually can do the first one... but not the second!  LOL

    be well,
    Dawn
    http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, I think I just got a headache

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I looked away when I saw this entry.  I knew I was never going to do that kind of math again after I left my sophomore class in high school yet!.  I did  have to take a physics class in college which did not go all that well, and I practically failed Genetics the first report card, so had to hit the books hard to understand it  I hope you will still talk to me.  Gerry

    ReplyDelete