Monday 30 April 2007

Close of day

Not a good day in J-land, for the reasons I outlined in earlier posts. I hope that Kim's hope comes true. And I hope that a little break from journaling will see Jeannette back with us shortly. Can only wish her strength with the treatment she is due on Wednesday.

Ever gone swimming in the sea? No, I didn't, water is too cold round here. Heard a story of a local lad who put on a wetsuit and took a paddle in the harbour - only to be followed by a seal. We have a colony of grey seals in the harbour, and they are inquisitive. They are also BIG. Which brings me to the point - if you ever come to the Western Islands and Highlands, and want to watch seals, whales, porpoises what have you. Don't bother with the organised boat tours. You can stand on the quayside here at Stornoway and watch the seals at play. I have a video on YouTube, showing just that. You can take the scheduled ferry service and enjoy the wildlife during the crossing.

Back tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. I never go in past my knees in the ocean.  I'm paranoid.  I scream when seaweed touches me.  LOL

    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just too bad that people use these journals as weapons. This woman is going in to some really tough times ahead, and someone decided to torment her. Some really sad stories out there. I wish her well.

    Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never went swimming in the sea. The ocean  yes plenty of time. Seals are so big I like looking at them from outside the water. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, a rather meloncholy day in J-land.
    I've swimmed in Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico, but never had any seals following me! lol
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!!  I can't believe I just typed the non-word "swimmed"!!  I must be more tired than I thought!!!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am terrified of 'swimmeding'...Lol!  in the sea.  I just can't bear to think of what could be underneath me.  And how deep it can become.  Its a bit like my fear of heights.  
    I don't mind a paddle as long as I can see the bottom still.  
    Notes have been taken on the sealife around your way Guido.  I hope to stand and watch there soon.
    Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to see the wildlife! We see it once in awhile here. Not often. Usually we have to see it from a boat.
    Yes, I am hoping Jeannette comes back to us someday...and hoping the best for Kim. So sad.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete