Tuesday 20 November 2007

Animal notes

Not a good week for animals it would seem. Lisa (wwfbison) has lost another of her cats, making it the 4th animal to die in her house within a matter of weeks. Robyn (ndnhunny30) has a sister who lost a dog in a fatal attack by another dog, as yet unidentified.

In the news, a two or three week old piglet was discovered among a load of toilet paper, being delivered in Ilkley, Yorkshire. The poor animal, since named Andrex for obvious reasons, was bruised and had suffered cuts to its snout, and was suffering from hypothermia. The RSPCA has taken it into its care. It was probably deliberately put in the lorry as a prank.

Well, at least there was the nest of kittens who made a mummy out of a pet rabbit.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks Guido-I hadn't gotten Lisa's alert.
    ~c~

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is sad when we lose our pets.  Let us hope that piglet lives a long and happy life in a childrens petting zoo.

    http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the kittens with rabbit photo:)

    And, Andrex is not a name I've ever heard of previously -- is it the name of a brand of toilet paper local to you?  The connection is not obvious to me.

    My heart goes out to Lisa and Robyn :(  

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor little Andrex, how cruel humans can be.  I hope he find himself a wonderful home.  The kittens with Summer are darling, thanks for sharing these stories and for the kind words regarding the loss of my cat.  I'm going to pay Robyn a visit.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sad for the little animals that have died, I loved the kittens and their new "mummy".
    bella xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww.....so very sad.....June

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went by and gave my condolences for their loss. I know I still get saddened over the little ones I've lost. (Hugs) Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy they saved the piglet and those kittens are too cute!  I have made my rounds to those suffering loss.

    be well,
    Dawn
    http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

    ReplyDelete