Friday 23 November 2007

Friday notes

Brilliantly sunny morning - deceptively so, as force 10 winds are forecast for the Outer Hebrides (my neck of the woods) for tonight. Our Italian guests were due to leave on the early ferry, which was cancelled, but they will now depart at 1.45pm.

Local news did not mention the imminent closure of one of the prawn processing plants in Stornoway. Stornoway Shellfish, which employs 14, is located outside the busstation but has not had deliveries of shellfish from local boats for 3 weeks. It had allegedly failed to keep up payments to said boats..

Have to say I once more enjoyed last night's journals chat, this time without disruptive or rude elements.

5 comments:

  1. That is so sad to hear of the closure of yet more local industry ,Yes I enjoyed the room last night too ,...love Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang onto your wooly hat this evening Guido when the winds arrive.
    Its bitterly cold here in the Lakes too.    At last I don't have to keep the light on all day.  We have blue clear skies and sunshine.....worth having to put up with the cold.  
    What a shame that the Shellfishmongers have let the fishermen down.  I wonder why?
    More worries for folks before Christmas.   Life is hard up your way.

    Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello, thanks for the warm welcome. I followed your advice and think Im getting the hang of this! I enjoyed watching/listening in the chat room too, i will have to work out why when i type in there the keys dont all work, it all works fine everywhere else. I have spent the morning visiting people here and although i have enjoyed peeking into everyones lives I should be working. I will try to call in to the chat room again soon. take care and keep warm. mrs t x
    http://journals.aol.co.uk/mleppard06/eternity/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to check out the chat one of these days....June:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sunny here too but verrrrrry cold.  Was up during the night turning on a dribble of water in the sinks to keep them from freezing. At almost 10am, still only 27*.  Happy to hear the chat room was free of jerks.  Linda in Washington state  

    ReplyDelete