Friday 16 November 2007

Friday notes

Morning all. It started out brighter than it is at present, and rain is moving in across the Arnish hills. It's not going to get any better, I'm sorry to have to say.

Cyclone Sidr is fizzling out over northeastern India, having killed at least 200 people in Bangladesh. A 5 metre / 17 feet tidal wave swept ashore as a result of the storm surge. It is still too early to fully assess Sidr's impact, but reports compiled by the BBC talk of flattened houses, downed trees and powerlines and the coastal strip cut off.

Regarding AOL Journals, I notice that the UK journals now also have Journals Chat. The disclaimer regarding the ads in the top banner has now been restored. Doesn't mean I'm too happy with them, but I've learned to ignore them.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad the cyclone is going now, Ihope the people can rebuild and get on with their lives. I've just looked in the chatroom, it's not a place I'll be going to again in a hurry, I've never felt easy in a chatroom! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth dropped open at the number of people who have died in Bangladesh.
    It must have bee a devastating and frightening night for these poor afflicted people.  It just doesn't seem fair that they always seem to get the brunt of everything on this delta.  Their government should put more safety features in place.  200 is far too many!
    I don't have time to spare for chat areas. People have to write to telegraphic and nuances can be left out or put in causing some folks to be upset or hurt.
    They are not my cup of tea.  
    Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your weekend has better weather.  So sad about the cyclone and damage and loss of lives...my prayers go out to those in that region.  I hope to check out the chat on my journal soon...have a great day..
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete