Saturday 26 August 2006

Chatlog

Got some feedback from Donna about the chatlog, it didn't immediately ring a bell. Until I checked it out. Oh dearie me - sorry about that.

When you take a chatlog (everybody can do that in a chatroom or in an IM), the endresult is a straightforward ASCII file, without any mark-up.
And I, quite innocently, thought I could just plonk it on the web and it would come out smelling of roses, all the lines so neatly underneath each other.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!!!

Everything's morphed into each other, all the linefeeds have taken a vacation and it's illegible. Sorry folks - this weekend, I'll grapple with the 11,500 lines and make them readable.

In other words, I felt like this

4 comments:

  1. AOL and all internet, can be very annoying sometimes.  I've had those moments too.  http://home.att.net/~Poofcatt/aolol.html  check out the link...it's very funny.
    -Kellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaaww Guido.. don't feel bad hon.. no one is mad and I'd gladly help you go thru it if you want to send a portion to me.  I saw most of it live so I didn't realize either until I got a few comments.  Hugs... and now I see your halo is straight :)~
    d

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol Guido! :) you have a great sense of humor! Donna Too! don't ever loose it!
    hugs,natalie

    ReplyDelete
  4. lmao..thanks for the laugh!!!

    Stevie
    x

    ReplyDelete