Thursday 24 August 2006

Wednesday 23/08/06

A bright start to the day, with variable amounts of cloud. The cyclists paddle off at 8.30, blissfully unaware of the unfavourable wind direction. Spend the morning catching up on puzzles, clearing up the mountain of paper in my bedroom. Have rolls for lunch. Receive the picture of Strider in the post and scan it in at the library. The local library offers free Internet access for 60 minutes. A shower passes over as I walk into town. By evening, things clear up and the early evening ferry comes and goes in bright sunshine. With the sun setting just before 9pm, and rising at 6am, we have now lost 3 hours of daylight. Until late December, another 9 hours will go. On December 21st, sunrise will be at 9.15 am, sunset at 3.35 pm. Mrs B's son turns up this evening with his young daughter and one of his friends in tow.

1 comment:

  1. I had a paper mountain range. The remains are now spread over my spare bed (just one surface.. gg) ...awaiting attention. I've decided that really, in order to avoid creating one, a non-surface environment would be ideal for me. The catch phrase..paperless office humms around my head and that time worn comment that if stuff lies in a papertray for six months without being looked at...it can go. Glancing meaningfully behind me, i suspect this will be the case.

    ReplyDelete