Monday 21 August 2006

Logging and polls

Can I just make one thing really clear? I went to bed at 1.30 a.m. on Monday morning, but I left my screenie in the room to log the ongoing chat. I was snoring my head off between 1.30 and 5.20, but daylight woke me up by the latter time, so I sneaked to the computer and found that only myself and Andi were left in the room. I clicked out and went back to the Land of Nod.

Second, I have checked out Joe the Journaleditor's entry on making a poll in an I-Frame and as per normal it doesn't work on a UK Journal. Never mind, I'll do it the old-fashioned way.

Please leave a comment as to your preferences regarding:

- frequency (once a week, once a month, once every 3 months)

- time of day PLUS an indication of the timezone you're in (those in the UK can just indicate that they're in that country)

- how do we spread the word, do we make one central journal in which everybody expresses their desire for a chat

- at the moment I have unlimited time, but just in case I need a few people who are prepared to take over from me should the occasion arise

Again, please leave comments and spread the word about this poll among your contacts to call round. I'll be prepared for a bursting mailbag LOL

10 comments:

  1. I think once a month around the evenings. I live in the EST time zone.

    Hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think once a month as well because people are busy with their journals, commenting plus they have their lives to get on with.  A monthly chat would be great that way it would not get stale.  As you know I am GMT

    http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

    ReplyDelete
  3. There used to be a j-land chatroom and they scheduled it once a month. Sent out reminders. We were US time and we had it at 8pm. It that helps. It was alot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a J-land chat once a month sounds like a lovely idea!
    I think it should be held on a Sunday afternoon/evening because most people are off work. And having it on a Sunday will enable people in the UK and the US to be in the chat room at the same time.  Im in the US and in Central Time. Right now as i post this it is approx 5:30 Monday evening. Oh and i think it should be spread by everyone. One person such as yourself should announce the chat and then everyone that finds out about it should post a notice in the side bar of thier journal. Or something like that.
    ~Terry Ü

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was hoping someone would bring this up.  I love the idea of a monthly chat, people are usually thru with the days doings by 8 pm EST (US) and if you need help Guido, please feel free to tap my shoulder, I'd be happy to set my Journal as a central cleaninghouse for info on chatroom.  It's really a great idea, and btw thanks for hanging in there so long!  CATHY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank-You for visiting my Journal.  I wasn't in the chat room for very long, but it was so good to "see" so many who's Journals I read daily. (or at least as often as I get an alert)  J-Land is my happy place.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think once a month on a Sunday is good.  Can start early 'cause I'm in CA in the PST zone.  It would be fun!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  8. I say as often as everyone wants.  We could even just set a time for Sunday at.... and those that can make it will.  I will shoot you an email when I get caught up with alerts.  LOL
    hugs
    d

    ReplyDelete
  9. I AGREE WITH EVERY SUNDAY EVENING AND THOSE THAT CAN MAKE IT WILL.INSTEAD OF HAVING TO REMEBER A CERTAIN DATE AND MAKING SURE YOU CAN BE THERE THEN.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not really very comfortable with chat rooms, but I think I could get to like this one.  I have no preference as to frequency; if I know it's open, I'll probably visit.  I am in Eastern Time Zone (US), and early to late evening would normally work; I think Sunday probably would be best, unless it were open very late (some people actually have to go to work on Monday mornings).  I'll leave a link to this entry in my journal.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete