Monday 22 January 2007

Tuesday 16/01/07

Sunny interlude with a few showers today. It's cold this morning, but at least we have the sun. Ferry came in early this morning, and departed at 8.30. It returns late, at 2pm. During the afternoon, cloud gradually increases on the approach of yet another depression. Winter is promised for next week. The Scot Isles is now unloading its cargo of a large tank onto a trailer. It is a slow process, which would have been impossible yesterday. The lifeboat is hauled up onto the slipway all day. Residents are once again requested to clear the street, but the wide load does not come through. Later in the evening, I go for a walk to the Coastguard Station. As I look around for a place to take a pic, I hear a cat miaow below me, and presently a familiar looking tabby jumps up from the boulders lining the basin. I fuss over it for about 10 minutes, then return.

2 comments:

  1. What a handsom cat!  Hasn't it got a thick coat of fur?  Mind you it will need it way up there at the northern most tip of Scotland.  I enjoyed the slide show...especially the sunsets.  Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I`m sure that cat has a good life living near the coast, I`m sure he/she gets plenty of fresh fish for supper. :o)

    Sandra xx

    http://journals.aol.com/labdancer51/SandrasScribbles/

    ReplyDelete