Sunday 21 January 2007

Winter

Winter has sort-of arrived here tonight. Wet snow was falling for a while earlier on, and hail has been clattering against the windows all evening. Although the mercury isn't noticeably lower than it was last week, it does feel bitterly cold outside.

Yes, I know, +4C is higher than it is in certain areas of the USA. Nonetheless, it's very chilly. Winter should now feed down the length of the UK (I'm at the northern end), and snow is expected to affect many parts of England and Wales over the next few days, causing disruption to travel.

6 comments:

  1. Hope to see some photos of that snow in tomorrows blog..............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait till Spring! ;)
    Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sugar says she can't wait for Spring...well Linda can't wait for Summer.  It's 45 degrees and gloom here in western Washington today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They've forecast snow for Brighton on Wednesday and Friday, I hope they're wrong! I want summer! Winter's just a pain! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

    ReplyDelete
  5. I woke to blue skies, sunshine, and frost today.  The gritters came out last night, we so need that on our hill!  Opening my curtains this morning, I look towards the North of the lake and the northern fells, I could see we were surrounded by snow, but none on the lower fells yet.  On my short walk yesterday, snow could be seen to be falling on the Penine Chain, so I knew we were in for more as I watched that happening in the distance.  Brrr!  My husband Bryan is at this very moment chopping sticks for our log burner in readiness for a night of warmth indoors later on. Stay safe and warm.   Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like winter is there for sure.  We finally got out of the 60's, and got our snow.  Now, I want summer to arrive...I am really pushing it now, LOL.
    Take care.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete