Tuesday 26 August 2008

9/11


The 7th anniversary of 9/11 is nearly upon us, so I have contacted the site-manager for Project 2996, Dale C. Roe,  to ask what was doing this year. This was (part of) his reply:


The two years since the first project2996, have been hard on me.  Numerous illnesses for me, plus an iffy job market, have really really sapped my time.  The biggest stumbling block is that I need a program to automate signups, and allow users to come back and enter in their own URLs for their tributes.  I had intended on writing this myself, but for the past 6 months or so I've been working 3 jobs and just haven't had the time.

So again, for this year I'm going to ask people to randomly pick a name and write a tribute and post it on their own blog.  Anyone who sends me the permalink, I'll be happy to post it up on the project2996 website.  Then for the coming year I'm going to try to give myself a short deadline to try to solve this project.  I'd like to get geared up so that things are running well for next year, giving me a solid 2 years before the 10th anniversary of the attacks.
I'll be posting something about this on the project2996 blog in the next couple of days.
Thank you for your continued interest in the project and in remembering our fallen.
Dale C. Roe

3 comments:

  1. thanks for the update Guido... I will keep tabs to see what is going on as well
    hugs
    d

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so hard to believe 7 years has passed.  Thanks for the information Guido, I didn't know about Project 2996.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just went by the 2,996 blog last night, and signed up for a name, and then belatedly also saw this post, Guido.
    will you be doing a tribute this year?
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete