Tuesday 12 August 2008

Monday 11 August

The last day of my father's visit saw us traversing the Castle Grounds from the Waterwheel to the Creed and back to the YM bridge in about 2½ hours. Pictures will follow - I took 86 today, and I haven't put them up yet.

Lunch was salted mackerel - very nice, but the milk and tatties were absolutely necessary. At 2.50, the bus left for Tolsta, and we went for a flying visit to Garry Beach. Unfortunately, the tide was in, and we had a bus to catch back to SY. Had we missed the 4.45, it would have meant a 2-hour wait.

Weather started off a bit iffy, but the sun came out and the mercury made it to 18C / 64F. Looked outside a minute ago, and if you look south at midnight, you'll see a bright star. That's actually the planet Saturn, and a pair of binoculars will show the rings. 

7 comments:

  1. I am glad you having been having a good time with your father and showing him the sites. I hope he has enjoyed his trip and his stay with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that your father and you had such a wonderful visit.  I bet he sure appreciates you.

    Joann

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treat for you to share, with your dad... "you're little corner of the world."  A time that both of you will always remember...our cool weather & showers seem to be gone.  It was warm adn sunny here today and temps are predicted to be up to the very high 80's by Friday. Linda in WA

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful that you had such a great visit with your Father...... you will always treasure the delightful memory.

    Pooh Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. It had to be wonderful showing him the sites and telling him of the history.
    He got a good glimpse into your corner of the world and knows why you love it so.
    Take care

    connie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I gotta say i sit and smile that you dad came to see you and you enjoyed each other. I know that meant alot to you.
    I have stayed mum on the 5th ann. of J Land because  i don't want to come off as negative but i could never include myself in any celebration even though i have written since April '04.   Too many hate me, too much bad water under the bridge. But i think it is cool that you care and try to get others together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you have given your dad quite a whirlwind tour of the island, and I  know you both must have loved every minute of it.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete