Thursday 21 August 2008

Anniversary Entry

J-land has been around for 5 years, and I have been part of the community for a little over 2 years, although I have kept this journal for nearly 4 years. Three years and 318 days, to be precise. It started out as a diary, in the days that I was travelling hither and thither across northern Scotland. After I settled here in Stornoway, it gradually extended its remit, and I first came across the community of journalers when I got wind of the VIVI-awards in 2005. In April 2006, the death of one journaler, Pam (his1desire), prompted my entry into the community proper.

Northern Trip became more a view on the world from this corner of Scotland, and a view of Scotland for the world. That's the remit on the header of the blog. I have also made it my business to highlight those in need, something which has now taken off on the Call for Support journal. I have encountered hundreds of different people from America, the UK and elsewhere. Some have come and gone, others have stayed. Sadly, some died. It is a unique community, and one I am happy to be part of. I particularly appreciated this last May, following the unexpected death of my mother.

I hope J-land continues to go from strength to strength, and look forward to its second lustrum in 2013.

14 comments:

  1. What a great entry....and I have my tag, by Donna...displayed proudly in my sidebar too.  Have a great day tomorrow...take care...
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. JLand has brought me some wonderful friends and I consider you one of them Guido...   I'm glad even thru the bad there are some great memories for me and tons of support
    hugs
    d

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice entry my friend. i too am so glad to be a part of j-land.
    proud to have you as a fellow j-lander!
    sugar

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful entry, Guido. I, too, have made many friends here, and I'm so grateful for the opportunity to have met you through this wonderful Journal land of ours. Thank you for introducing me to Scotland.....it is a beautiful country.

    Pooh Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful entry hon! I'm delighted to have had the opportunity through J-land, to get a chance to call you a friend. (hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I first started my journal I couldn't have imagined I'd met so many people from different parts of the world.  And until I first started reading your journal I don't think I was even aware of your far away village.  It's been an honor, my friend!  You are a great guy and we are all privileged to call you a friend.   Linda in WA

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so priviliged to have met you Guedo and it is you and a few more friends who I have met along the way that has kept me more or less sane !! over the last couple of years thank you from the bottom of my heart. J Land is sure a wonderful community. AS you say especially so if you need a little extra care.  Love Sybil xx

    http://journals.aol.co.uk/sybilsybil45/villagelife/

    ReplyDelete
  8. As ever a brilliant entry ,dear friend ..love Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Guido...yes I agree...Jland is a wonderful oasis to escape to.Thank you for your contribution to making it a safe, happy place to meet new people, see new sights and express ones' feelings.You are a friend indeed.Love and hugs  Groetje Shauneen xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a wonderful journal Guido one I was pleased to find.J/Land is the best.Keep up your brilliant work.Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks to you guido i am lucky to be a part of this community. I enjoy reading your journal and appreciate how you keep me up to date with the outside world. thank-you. take care mrs t xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. well, my faceless forever friend....you are one of a handful of trusted friends.....doesn't matter to me that you are a world away. You are part of the glue here.....well loved and much needed in J land!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Count me as one who is pleased you started journaling.  I enjoy your journal and often come away more informed than when I arrived.  I echo the sentiment, you are a vital part of J-land.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, wouldn't that be something if we were all still around in 2013? Enjoyed this entry!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete