Tuesday 19 August 2008

Visit to Crossbost

Jumped on the bus this afternoon to visit the graveyard at Crossbost. It took me 45 minutes to trawl the old part of the cemetery, which is located above the seashore near the church. Found 19 wargraves, mainly family memorials, in addition to the 13 graves of victims of the Iolaire disaster, which I located in April 2007. I then had about 40 minutes to walk up and down the village street, which undulates some distance from the shore of Loch Leurbost / Loch Erisort. Nice views to be had from there. I'll post a link to pictures later.

3 comments:

  1. Sounded like a nice little tour...looking forward to your photos...as always!!!!
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would have taken me longer than 45 minutes to see the old cemetery. I LOVE old cemeteries!
    I'm glad you had a good day.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a nice afternoon. I used to love to visit old cemetaries, I would go monthly. It was so peaceful.
    Have a good week.
    Hugs,
    Sugar

    ReplyDelete