Sunday 19 August 2007

J-land @ 4 - Chat

That was a great success - the chat finished about half an hour ago. It had precisely the intended effect: people meeting new buddies, discovering new journals and new readers. Apart from discussions about food, trolls and what not, there were several people who sent messages to say hi: among them were Helmswondermom (Dusty Pages) and Dwhee70041 (Sunshine, Colorado). Connie (formerly maxsox5) left a note, saying she could not join. AOL apparently requires proof that you're over 18 before letting you into chatrooms, and for that they need a creditcard. Nonetheless, she left me the name of her new journal: Anyway. If you enter journals.aol.com/specialadyfink in your browser, you get all her journals. This trick, btw, works with all of us. Just put in a screenname after the journals.aol.com/.

It is coming up to midnight, so I'm going to process the log tomorrow.

14 comments:

  1. thanx again for the chat hun i had a great time,mwahhs see you tomorrow zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guido thanks again.....  you did a great job getting this in order.. and it was a blast.   I've never ever saw anything like Connie is experiencing.. a credit card to add a name... credit card to go to chat... bizarre!!!!
    thanks again
    hugs
    d

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Guido for getting the chat together and letting me know about it. I enjoyed what little time I spent in there. It seemed like everyone was really enjoying it. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guido,
    Thanks for seeing to it that there was some commemoration of the 4th anniversary of J-Land.  The chat was a blast...a nice mix of 'characters'  :)  and quite a lively conversation.  I had a great time!

    VIvian

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so dissapointed missing the chat.  We had company drop in a half hour before the chat beginning.   Please tell us all about it.       Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like it would have been lots of fun.  Maybe I can join in sometime when you have another one of these.

    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your hosting again!  Sorry I could stay long.....hubby had come up with a special project for all of us to work on today.  :o/  But alls well that ends well.....for the project turned out nice!  -  Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was busy with the kids and family today and could not attend... but I will catch the next!!!!

    be well,
    Dawn
    http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy to hear it went well, Guido.  I made a nice long entry of my shore weekend which kept me from joining in, darn it, but reading my post will detail the great time I had!  Missed everyone nonetheless, and looking forward to reading the log chat.  :-)  xoxo CATHY

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pleased to hear it went well Guido ..love Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad it all went so well Guido, sorry I could not make it, we had company.  I am waiting to see if the journals people are going to give us a four year journal logo like they did for three years last year.

    http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm looking forward to reading all about it as I was away at my grandaughter's christening.  Going by the replies below its been a gerat success.  
    Congratulations to all you 4 year journalers!
    Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow,thanks for the mention above.I appreciate that.
    Have a pleasant day.
    ~connie~

    ReplyDelete
  14. I missed the chat. I wish I could have made it, but baby sitting my grandson. :o)
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete