Monday 27 August 2007

Evening notes

Been busy this afternoon with a carpet cleaner - three lots of 2 gallons of soapy water into carpets up- and downstairs. Does leave you whacked. It is quite strenuous to pull a heavy machine which is digging into the carpet. But it IS rewarding.

I was approached by a Gaelic Media Service researcher about the Iolaire Disaster, and she wanted names and contacts of people whose forefather survived the tragedy (75 out of 280 did); I've taken it upon myself to dig out as many people as possible, including those whose ancestor did not survive. If there is anybody out there reading this (this is one of two on-line appeals) who has this dreadful episode in their family history, please leave a comment. I can then forward details to GMS.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, now that your carpets' clean...mines next.  When can you get here? Linda in Washington state

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just here showing my support for your involvement.  CATHY

    ReplyDelete