Friday 17 August 2007

Late evening notes


With thanks to Donna for making this 4th anniversary logo.
Addition: Donna edited the logo from the 3rd anniversary version.

The website of the Taiwanese weather service went down about 15 minutes ago, so now I can no longer monitor the radar imagery. Typhoon Sepat came ashore about an hour ago near the central eastern town of Chenggong. An island offshore reported force 12 on the Beaufort scale. Bearing in mind the forecast windspeeds of 120 mph, I'm not surprised things have crashed over there.

Hurricane Dean continues on its way west, having claimed one life in the Lesser Antilles.

Two men, accused of staging dogfights with Michael Vick, have pleaded guilty to the charges brought against them. Mr Vick himself pleaded not guilty and is due to stand trial in November.

I am sad to see Russia resorting to Cold War routines, like flying long-range missions across the Atlantic and Pacific. Mr Putin seems to prefer the stick to the carrot, and wants to bring back the Soviet Union, if not in name then certainly in method.

5 comments:

  1. Lets hope everything clams down when he steps down soon Guido.
    Hopefully he is just being a drama queen.

    Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant calms down Guido...Lol!
    Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I didn't make it, thanks for the credit.  I only edited the existing one to use :)
    Thanks Guido
    d

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna did a fabulous job with the Anniversary Logo, I like it animated as well. (Hugs) Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for keeping me updated on Sepat... my good friend has family in Taiwan.
    Great new logo, thanks Donna!!!   I hope Mike Vick gets the maximum sentence, loses all football and advertising privileges, and is never heard from again!!

    Thanks,
    Joann

    ReplyDelete