Thursday 30 August 2007

Virginia Tech

I don't think I need to remind anyone of the tragic events at the Virginia Tech university on 16 April this year, when 32 people were shot by a deranged student before he turned the gun on himself. A report, out today, levels severe criticism at the university's handling of the crisis. It does state however, that loss of life was inevitable that morning after failures in the mental health care sector at the university.

I'm not going to comment on this - I'll just link to the report, as quoted on BBC News.

1 comment:

  1. It is sad.  We're seeing more information now on the mental care and services he received while in high school that the university never knew about, nor his issues.  All those who were hurt in any capacity, do remain in all of our thoughts, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete