Sunday 26 August 2007

Sunday notes

Cloudy day, with some breaks in the clouds. The fire situation in Greece is worsening, with the ancient city of Olympia under threat. Enough of fire.
Still quiet on the hurricane front.

Now, how can you see nothing? As in, there is absolutely nothing there. Not matter, not light, nothing at all. And it measures 1 billion lightyears across. You know, the distances you measure in 10 to the power of 24. Well, they've seen 'nothingness'. Have a read.

And I scoffed at the report that air pollution could boost asthma risk. For goodness' sakes, anyone that knows the way asthma develops could have worked that out ages ago. I'm sorry, I was told about that 20 years ago and more.



3 comments:

  1. I saw the frightening images of the fires in Greece last night on the news. I just hope they manage to control them soon. I agree about pollution causing asthma, my son is 30 and he was diagnosed at 4, I was told then that poor air quality made the condition worse.

    Love Sandra xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. *'If you were to travel at the speed of light, it would take you several years to get to the nearest stars in our own Milky Way galaxy; but if you were to go to this hole and enter one side, you'd have to travel for a billion years before you would get to the other side," he told BBC News. '

    This is really something to think about ....isn't it?  Wow!

    Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so funny.... I agree with you on the Asthma take.  Very sad about the fire in Greece, I sure hope they save the ancient city!!  I read about the 'nothingness', hard to imagine, huh!!

    Joann

    ReplyDelete