Wednesday 1 August 2007

Cyber bullying

The Professional Association of Teachers, a trades union for teachers in the UK, has called for video-sharing website YouTube to be closed down. This call came in response to a surge in cyber bullying, part of which allegedly takes place on YouTube. Videos are being uploaded which are damaging to pupils and teachers alike. A similar call was made a week ago by a teacher in a Highland school here in Scotland, and is now being echoed nationwide.

I do not think YouTube should be closed down; as I said in my earlier post, a more stringent policing of the site should be in implemented. The same goes for social networking sites like MySpace.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with your opinion.

    Hugs,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do so agree Guido ..love Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too right Pharm. It so often seems the case that rather than tackle the offender, it falls to some one or some thing else to correct.
    When, oh when are parents going to resume control of their families?

    ReplyDelete