Friday 15 February 2008

Friday 15 February

Quite a bright day, but not the unfettered sunshine of the last few days. High cloud is spilling in, which will apparently thicken to give us drizzle later today. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

On the subject of pictures, it is quite correct that there are not many people in mine. Firstly, it is winter, and if you don't have to be outside, you don't go outside. Even during the sunny spell we've had this week, temperatures were very low, and I had to wrap up warm. Secondly, there are only 20,000 people in Lewis, of whom about 7,500 live in Stornoway. So, when I go out of town, there is not much chance of anybody straying into a picture. Which I try to avoid at any rate.

A climber was rescued from Ben Nevis yesterday afternoon, after he sustained injuries in a fall. A helicopter from Prestwick plucked in off the mountain's Tower Ridge and deposited him at the nearby Belford Hospital in Fort William.

2 comments:

  1. Sensible folks is all I can say !! Today has been freezing..still sun to return tomorrow...so will look warmer !  Sybil x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't go out if I didn't have to either!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete