Thursday 14 February 2008

Pictures 13 February

The last lot of pictures of my trip to Bernera yesterday. On reaching the island, fog continued to haunt the coast. We visited the little fishingpier at Kirkibost, where the fog lifted as we had a look round. Next, we crossed the island east to west for Valasay. Only a few houses there, but a very scenic spot. We then went north to Tobson. This has a lovely beach, but this time it was infested with boulders, washed ashore by winterstorms. There was also a large float, belonging to the Two Dukes. On returning from that village, I went to picture the Landraiders' Monument at the start of the village road. Bosta remains as beautiful as ever, in spite of the boulders, also present there. I pictured the Bernera War Memorial on the way south. We stopped at Callanish for tea and scones before returning to Stornoway.

6 comments:

  1. Great pics again. In 150 pictures, I only noticed a group of four people, far off,  on a beach and another single person walking on a beach. Come to think of it after looking at at least a thousand pictures I no think I saw more that a dozen people.
    That seems strange to me I can seldom get a picture without someone sticking their head in my shot.
    Just an observation, I still enjoy them. Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pictures guido. mrs t xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Guido,
    Happy (belated) Valentine's Day to you :). Your photos are amazing!! I am very much enjoying going through them all. You really have a great eye for taking pics.

    Have a great day :)
    Huggers,
    Gayla
    http://journals.aol.com/schoolgal040/Unfussy/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thoroughly enjoyed your photos.  #50 and # 108 are probably my favs of the batch.  Thanks for posting them.  :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was drawn to #72, what a beautiful shot.  I feel like I have just taken a journey through a magical place.  You live in such a beautiful place...I would love to live by the sea.  Was that a Highland Cattle?  What a beautiful animal, his/her hair looked lovely.  Great shots, thanks for taking me on a photographic journey through your fairytale land.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quite a diverse set of pics!  I enjoyed them, and it was worth the time to look at all of them.  Your pictures are always worth the time!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete