Wednesday 13 February 2008

Close of day

People here are much more aware of their ancestry than I have encountered elsewhere in the UK. Partially because there is such a large diaspora - hundreds of thousands were kicked off their land and out of the country during the 18th and 19th centuries. In some quarters it is referred to as ethnic cleansing avant la lettre, and the methods are redolent of those employed by the Nazis in World War II. After all, being rounded up, houses burned over your head, carted off on rickety old boats - the only thing missing was the premeditated mass murder that set the Nazis apart. But murder it was - of a culture, of a way of life.

I would like to remind people to do regular sweeps with anti-malware software like Adaware and Spybot Search and Destroy. These can be downloaded free of charge. Malware is about as bad as viruses, and causes an incredible amount of disruption. Krissy had one heck of a job to shift more than 700 pieces of malware from her computer.

I am going to leave the rest of my 30-odd alerts for tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. hi guido, thanks for the links I was looking for some anti-virus  software to add to my computer. mrs t x
    http://journals.aol.co.uk/mleppard06/eternity
    http://thelilacdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use both of those you mentioned on my computer. I can positively say I rarely have a problem thanks to them. (Hugs) Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm downloading Adaware as we speak...  Thank you for the links!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete