Monday 25 February 2008

J-land loss

I am very upset, having just found out that Irene passed away some 6 hours ago, following a sudden worsening of her condition over the weekend. She has been battling cancer for some time, but always called for prayers for fellow sufferers at the end of each entry.

Indigo made us aware through the Call for Support journal. I've made an entry in the J-land Angels journal, and have requested that Irene's badge be placed in the sidebar.

Irene, rest in peace. The suffering is over.
Keep the coffee warm, we'll join you at the breakfast table in time.

7 comments:

  1. OH, I'm very sorry to hear that. Sorry for all those that called her a friend and those that loved her. I did not know her but will run on over
    Hug
    sAng

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so sad when we lose one of our own.  I was not a reader of Irene's journal, but her loss will be felt just the same.  I've gone to her site to express my condolences to the family.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. i did not know irene but i was saddened to hear this news. I am sorry for your loss, guido. take care mrs t xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made a little entry for her this morn in my main journal, after hearing from her sister. I've also asked Shelly to make her a Tribute Quilt Square, she'll post it in her Quilting Journal after she's made it. Please give her a few days.
    My prayers for Rene's family.
    Blessings,
    Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too found myself very upset when I heard this news earlier this evening.
    She was a lovely person.  I think she will be sadly missed.
    Sending prayers to her family.
    Hugs
    Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry for the loss of your dear friend.  I read about her in Indigo's journal earlier.  My prayers to all of her family and to her dear friends...
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too was shocked and saddened to read of Irene's death.  For all her suffering she always thought of others.
    May God rest her soul.
    Jeanie

    ReplyDelete