Thursday 21 February 2008

Afternoon wind

We're having a very wild afternoon here, with galeforce winds, gusting to more than 60 mph. The squalls, associated with brief showers, are quite severe, whipping up spindrift in the bay across the road. The ferry came in very late this afternoon, after taking a 20 mile detour via the Shiant Isles. The sun does come out every now and again, but the winds are quite strong.

The weatherstation at Eoropie is having a technical problem. It reports live on the weather, but they claim to have had 6,000 mm of rain today (that would be 250 inches). Now, it is wet out here, but not THAT wet.

5 comments:

  1. We've had some decent winds here, too!  I've had to go chase down my garbage bin more than once... (in my pajamas, no less.  I tell you, I'm never going to make friends in this neighborhood because everyone is going to think I'm crazy...LOL)

    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my get the Ark ready, 250 inches, LOL.  You surely have been having your share of high winds recently.  Is this normal at this time of year or is this an unusually windy year?  Stay safe!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still chuckling at Amy's reply...lol!
    Our weather is rather droochit too Guido.  It was so lovely seeeing such pure blue skies recently.  I almost believed spring was on its way...sigh!
    Keep your head down and stay snug indoors.  That's the best place for you.
    Jeanie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some strong winds...be careful...
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've had a lot of high winds this winter.  More than usual?
    Lori

    ReplyDelete