Wednesday 16 April 2008

Wednesday 16 April

Brilliantly sunny day, with a bit of a breeze going. Temperatures remain below par, at 9C. Better than in the South China Sea, where a typhoon has been gathering strength over the past day or so. Typhoon Neoguri will be heading for Hainan Island, west of Hong Kong, and will come ashore with winds of approximate 85 mph on Friday. The Chinese Meteorological Administration mentions winds of force 10 to 12.

Vitamins are not as good as some people make them out to be. They could even shorten your life. Vitamins A and D can cause actual harm if taken in doses greater than advised; in extreme instances death may ensue. A study has looked at the effects of anti-oxidants like vitamins C and E, and found that they did not extend life.

5 comments:

  1. It is so so dull here todayand  been raining all night long.Very overcast now.I don't take vitimins or anti-oxidants either so I am not worrying LOL!! The less I take the better I feel.I let nature takeit's course on almost everything I do get.Have a lovely day Guido.Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to see you have a beautiful day ahead...
    I've heard that about the vitamins...thanks for sharing...
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. I take a multi-vitamin every day, along with a balanced diet feel that's plenty. I know people who really load up on vitamins...not only does it cost a lot of money but wonder if they are doing damage to their bodies.   Linda in WA

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't take any vitamins...they've always made me nauseous. I know some folks who take a handful a day.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. From what I understand, vitamins were oringinally developed as a supplement to give to the GI's who were fighting overseas, but are in fact, not all that effective... If we eat properly, we should be able to get the proper nutrition through the foods we eat.

    ReplyDelete